Creative Musings of a Sassy Witch

Random thoughts that filter through the playground in my mind. Ideals, dreams, and lots of humor. My mind is a surreal place to be at times and quite entertaining.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Children

My son turned 21 this month. He was all excited. I wanted to go out with him and celebrated (damn this back of mine). He spent the evening with his wife and Saturday with the guys. I was going on guys’ night out (Woo hoo!). However, my party days are going to have to wait. Even with my boyfriend, I am ready for some funky monkey love, but he says we will have to settle for doing the tame monkey for a while. He wants me better, so I can do other stuff as well, like walk. Yes, walking would be good here. I agree I'd rather take it easy now, so I won't be in a wheelchair later. The doctor said it would be three months before I am back to my regular routine. But enough about all this.

My son is going to be a daddy in September. He and his wife found out they are having a little girl. We are all excited! My son wanted a little girl so badly he could hardly contain himself. He was on the phone to everyone he knows. He is already laying down the law for what she will not be allowed to do. Poor baby! She isn't even out of the womb yet, and he is already saying she will not be allowed to date. Well, I'll see about that. I think baby girl will be spending a lot of time at grandma's (wink wink). I'll get around daddy's laws (heeheehee).

Little girls are precious. My little girl is 15 now. She is the last child at home. She is a sophomore and she was invited to prom by her senior girlfriend. They are going to make a statement. I said girls can get away with dancing together as friends and both girls told me separately they do not want to have to pretend. My hat is off to these brave young women. They are going to take some heat at school, especially my daughter who has two more years to go before graduation. I worry about how this will impact her next two years, but I stand by her decision. I played devil's advocate and let her know what she could be in for, but she is tough. She is ready and she is not ashamed of who she is. I am proud of her. I love her so much, and she has been through more than most teenage girls have been through.

Her life changed drastically at the tender age of 12 when her father used his authority and love against her. (See book - The Secrets in my Home). She has become a strong independent young woman after much therapy. She will never let anyone hurt her again. She has found her voice and she knows how to use it. She had to become tough and angry to get through everything initially. She is still tough but not as angry. She can be sweet and loving like me, but I see her father's dark and brooding side in her as well. I read it in her poetry. She had a boyfriend for about 6 months. A nice young man. She wasn't as happy with him as I see her now with this girl. She is so happy and animated when she talks about her girlfriend. She is more open with me, sharing more with me about her social life, group of friends and what she is up to with these young people.

My daughter's friends came over and made Easter dinner for us since they know I am a partial invalid at the moment. We had friends stop by all weekend off and on, and my boyfriend and his daughter were here as well (how great is he). The teens all agreed that my boyfriend's daughter is their favorite 8-year-old. She impressed them with how smart she is as well as enjoying her silliness. They liked teasing with her and playing with her. I thought it was thoughtful of these teenage girls to think of their friend at a time like this and want to help. I ask you, how many teens do you know go to all that effort? They even did the dishes.

I am so frustrated with being home. I didn't get to take my daughter shopping for her prom dress. My boyfriend and his daughter took her. They had me on the cell phone, but it wasn't the same. She got a lovely dress that is very flattering to her figure. My sister is taking her to get her hair done. I am missing it out on all the fun! My boyfriend would say WAAA! or Deal with it! Ladies, you know how I feel. I can't wait to see her. I know she is going to be beautiful. I'll get plenty of pictures for I am sure it will be a long time before I get to see her dressed up again. My boyfriend said my daughter is butch. I resented the comment. She is not butch! She has long beautiful curly hair that she wears up in a messy bun or a ponytail and she does wear fingernail polish and lip gloss on occasion. She prefers men’s cologne to women’s and she wears jeans and t-shirts. So she isn't into fashion, but so what? That doesn't make her look manly. She just prefers a natural look. I think my boyfriend the make-up hater would appreciate that rather than says she looks butch.

I love my kids. I stand by their decisions in life. I am proud of my son. He has a very good job and makes a very nice living. He is young and should be proud of what he has accomplished. There was a time I thought he wouldn't survive in this world long enough to see 21 years of age. Well, he surpassed my expectations and not only survived, but landed a great job. My daughter has been much easier to raise than my son. I am proud of her as well. She is going to be an amazing young woman some day. I can't wait to see what she will be like in her 20's, 30's, etc. She told me last night I am her mother, her father and her friend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

3:44 PM, July 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home