Creative Musings of a Sassy Witch

Random thoughts that filter through the playground in my mind. Ideals, dreams, and lots of humor. My mind is a surreal place to be at times and quite entertaining.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

thankful

Here I am out and about. I am so happy to be free of my bed, home, the main floor. I have started back to work 1/2 days. I will be full-time in two weeks.

Here is what I learned while down for 6 weeks. I learned that my friends and family love me very much. I have a great support system. I am thankful to them all for being there for me and my daughter. I learned my job will not fall apart without me and my work will still be there for me when I return. My co-workers missed me terribly and were wonderful about calling me and bringing food. I am so grateful to have a job I love as well as the people I work with. It is like having a very diverse extended family. They make me laugh and we support one another through the good and the bad times.

I have always said boredom is for thoe who lack the mental compacity to entertain themselves. I have prided myself on not being bored. Well I learned you can be bored when given 5 channels of television and most of daytime television consists of talk shows and soap operas (horror!). I do enjoy some court TV if it is not too over the top. I want to hear the good cases. I have an interest in criminal justice. I fell in love with watching Ellen and I was low enough on two occasions to watch Jerry Springer which left me wanting to wash my brain with soap. Yes I got bored I got tired of reading reading reading and watching movies from my bed. I am grateful however that I had a variety of reading/watching material and I am grateful I can now walk.

Physical thereapy began this week along with half days at work. I was very tired by Friday night. I am thankful my body is in working order to feel wore out from walking. I will get stronger and I will be myself again some day (approx. 6 months). I look forward to that time when I can ride a bike 7.5 miles in 30 minutes and walk a mile in 15-20 minutes. I will get there with patience and the help of my friends. I will have a life again and I look forward to sharing with the special man who stood by my side through surgery and recovery. I am thankful for oldermusicgeek for being loving, caring, bold and comic relief. Everyday I thank the goddess for all that is good in my life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

3:44 PM, July 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home