Creative Musings of a Sassy Witch

Random thoughts that filter through the playground in my mind. Ideals, dreams, and lots of humor. My mind is a surreal place to be at times and quite entertaining.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Getting life back on track

Finally! I am back to work. I am so happy to be out and about. My trusting old Malibu up and died on me while I was in recovery. Poor tired thing finally had enough. So I had to go car shopping.

I literally become ill when I have to do these things. I get frustrated looking at many cars, filling out paperwork, being approved for my loan, and signing my life away. First of all, I know diddley squat about cars and what is a good car and which company makes the better car (Ford or Chevy). I know how to put the gas in, check and add oil as well as the anti freeze and windsheild wiper fluid. I feel I am doing good at these tasks since my father always took car of my cars and never taught these things to me or my sister.

So, every salesman can tell the minute I walk up to them I know nothing! My step dad took pity on me after a couple days and called his good friend and ex co-worker (poppy is retired) and said this is what she needs and this is what she is willing to pay. Nice salesman friend of poppy's said bring her in I have just the car for her. This was so much better tha when my brother in-law took me to a car lot and looked at a car with me and said to the salesman, "What! No CD player?" I was truly embarrassed for him.

So, I test drove my potential new car with the salesman and my parents in the back seat. The whole time the salesman is chatting to poppy about this person and that person. I am thinking what does he mean get on the interstate? I have not had my car on the inetrstate since my 21 yr old was 16! My parents are in this car and I'm to get on the interstate at 65 miles per hour for the first time in 5 yrs! Looking calm and cool on the outside I prayed for low traffic volume and sure enough I eased on without a care and no one got joustled about. I looked like an old pro.

Needless to say I bought the car. I had to sign a million papers it seemed and I traded in the pitiful Malibu (the first new car I ever purchased). I felt a little sad to see her go, I felt even sadder now that I had car payments once again (that is the part where I wanted to hurl). My dear friend Tasha understood when I called her and told her I was getting the car and I felt truly ill. Yes I am happy and excited to have a new car, but I enjoyed all that financial freedom I had been experiencing. I signed away the extra freedom for the next five yrs. Oh well. It is only money and I must have a reliable car for work as well as one I trust my children to be in and someday my grandchildren (granddaughter will be arriving in September!). I also need a car I am not afraid of on the interstate. I like to take day trips and travel. I have missed that.

So, now I am back on the road, back at work and working on manifesting my dream of a raw foods restaurant. I have a two year plan in mind. Once my daughter graduates from high school I will feel better about taking on a big project like opening my own restaurant. Heck! I'll even hire her if she needs a job while she is going to college.

Yes...life is good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

7:53 PM, July 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home