Creative Musings of a Sassy Witch

Random thoughts that filter through the playground in my mind. Ideals, dreams, and lots of humor. My mind is a surreal place to be at times and quite entertaining.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

rudeness of young people today

Okay, I take my daughter and her friends downtown to a see a band at a coffee house. This is not just any band, they are the best local band in our city. I take the new boyfriend to introduce him to my lifestyle and interests. It is the bands new CD release party. It is so crowded that even though we are there an hour before the show starts we have to sit at little tables right on the isle. Then all the 20 somethings are crowding around us and hugging and chatting but not moving to the other room to get out of our faces. We are completely hemmed in and see no way out.

My daughter suffers from anxiety attacks in crowded places. I can tell it is getting to her, but she is hanging on by visiting with her friends. I can tell the new Boyfriend is not happy about people breathing on his bald spot and there are butts and other parts in our faces. A Rabbi was even there cirrculating through the crowd! A Rabbi! I thought wow this band has really made it when religious figures are attending in full attire!

So some guy in tan Dockers is right by my face and not moving. I wanted so badly to bite his butt! I was having visions of doing just that when a guy sits on my daughter! He doesn't even apologize which makes the new BF want to say something. My daughter turns to me and says I am about to lose it! The BF says he will join her in losing it. So, I finished my drink quickly because a Britney Spears wanna be was in her space and I knew she'd rip her apart.

Sometimes it is difficult having such an outspoken lesbian for daughter. She could get herself in trouble and I would have to step in and the BF is like me...he'd step in. So this could be a bad situation when my daughter tears the giant black bow out of some chicks hair and screams at her for being a stupid girl.

Looking at the whole night I just felt that these young people were trying to crowd in and see the band when all they really needed was to hear the band. They were all talking anyway and not really listening like we were trying to do. I feel if they want to socialize while hearing the band then go to the other room where there is a couch and easy chairs and tables they can sit around at. I was very disappointed because I wanted the BF to get the most out of the band and he couldn't. He said he'd never go again. I talked him into trying on a night where it isn't a special event. He said he'd think about it and then he agreed to under the condition we go two hours early and get a table by the stage.

Some things never change. We will aways be complaining about the attitudes and behaviors of the next generation. Can you imagine what behavior they will be complaining about when these 20 somethings are 40?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home