Creative Musings of a Sassy Witch

Random thoughts that filter through the playground in my mind. Ideals, dreams, and lots of humor. My mind is a surreal place to be at times and quite entertaining.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

New arrival!

My granddaughter made her appearance into the world on August 27th. She was on her way when I was at the zoo with my boyfriends daughter who is 9 yrs. old. I felt a bit bad rushing her thru the zoo, but I must admit I wanted to get to the hospital to see my precious little grandchild.

My boyfriend does not go to zoos or the circus. I agree on not attending the circus with all the creepy clowns who are probably escaped convicts. I like the zoo. He says he can't abide by jailing the animals. So, I went with his daughter since my daughter had her girlfriend over and she didn't want to hang with me and the 9 yr old.

So we saw the animals, had ice cream and then came home. I was on my way to pick up my sister and my mother to ride to the hospital with me. My son called Three times while I was at the zoo, three times while I was driving, again in the parking lot Of the hospital and again while we walked thru the hospital.

I walked right up to my son's father in-law who was holding the baby and he let me have her. OH! She looked so precious and so tiny! 6 lbs 12 oz. 21 in long. She has her daddy's height. She got passed around to everyone else and she never opened her eyes. The nurses had to come and pry her out of daddy's grasp to take her to the nursery for her wellness check. We then hung out in the hall looking at her getting checked over. My son has a hard time letting this little girl out of his sight. I forgot my camera in the car I was so flustered from the multiple phone calls and everyone talking at once in the car. I had to wait and take pictures the next day when she was 24 hrs old. She never once let us see her eyes (mommy's eyes).

I have never seen a man so crazy over a child as he is over her. She has him wrapped around her finger already. I can see it now, their son is already definitely mommy's boy (my son is his stepdad) but the daughter will be daddy's girl.

It is fun seeing my son be a dad. I am looking forward to the next 18 yrs as she grows, talks, and tries his patience. I will get to sit back and smile and say remember when you did...

Also, I'll get to be the cool grandma. I will serve her tea made from flower petals, and teach her about wicca and the goddess. I will draw scented oil symbols of protection on her forehead and make lavender cookies with her. She will get a much earlier training than my daughter did. Her mommy's family is catholic and my son is christian, but she should know grandma's religion as well to better make a decision for herself and her religious choices. I am not your everyday average run of the mill grandma... there will be tootsie rolls too!

Oh what fun we shall have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home