Creative Musings of a Sassy Witch

Random thoughts that filter through the playground in my mind. Ideals, dreams, and lots of humor. My mind is a surreal place to be at times and quite entertaining.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

men suck

Okay, the current boyfriend barely made it a month and showed how flaky he was. I tell you I am about through with dating.

He was very intense, very funny and very drunk a lot. I cannot handle dating a drunk. He was too much drama and too much work. He'd forget when we were to meet for a date because he'd been too drunk when we made plans. He'd then try to shift the blame to me. I wasn't the one drinking and getting confused! I am smarter than his and he said he couldn't argue with me because I always had an answer for everything. Well, I had an answer for everything because I had right on my side. I knew what was right.

It is a shame because when he wasn't drinking he had so many wonderful qualities that I found myself drawn to him. Well, easy come, easy go. I don't understand why all the hassle. Life is too short for all the headache. I want dating to be simple, fun, easy and hassle free. I like my relationship to be like my lounge pants...comfortable to slip on and relaxing. I am 41 yrs. old. I have raised my kids (one to graduate next year) I do not have time for stupid men. I want a man who is emotionally secure and independent. I do not want to be his everything and I don't want to have him as my everything. I have too much going on in my life to get bogged down with having to entertain a grown man 100% of the time. Have your guy time, go places, do things, and know we will get together later.

My daughter's girlfriend didn't like him or trust him. She said that my ex boyfriend, oldermusicgeek was better boyfriend material even though he had a young kid. Yes, he was a good boyfriend. We had a lot of fun in those ten months. He and I never fought and never had a cross word towards each other. I want that kind of relationship with someone else. I want it to be like a ride in a boat on a pond drifting along and feeling at peace, not a roller coaster of emotions where I just want to get off and puke. I never cried once in the ten months I was with my ex boyfriend. I've cried too much in one weekend with this last guy.

I'm done and when I am done I walk away and have no more contact. I hope he gets the drinking under control and I hope he learns to love himself. He has too many insecurities and he felt I was too good for him. Maybe I am, but that shouldn't mean he should set out to destroy what we had just because he felt unworthy of me. I am a good person and he felt he was not a good enough person for me, well sorry he felt he couldn't upgrade. I guess he should just go back to dating low life redneck hillbilly women then. I am a cut above that. I deserve a man who knows his self worth just as I know mine. I am worth more than the drunk had to offer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

11:29 PM, November 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home