Creative Musings of a Sassy Witch

Random thoughts that filter through the playground in my mind. Ideals, dreams, and lots of humor. My mind is a surreal place to be at times and quite entertaining.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fool's Day

Normally April 1st was an anniversary of sorts between my ex husband and I. Now it is a day of liberation for me. The day I decided to wake up and smell the coffee pretaining to a certain man in my life. I finally decided to let go of a man who has been dragging my heart around since January. I met him before Christmas and we hit it off too well, so well, that I was blind sided when I started seeing another side to him. I then kicked him to the curb for a while and then let him back into my life. Boy was that the wrong thing to do.

I have been told by nurmerous friends and family that he is no good for me, but I still hung in there. Many reasons I cannot explain were justifiable in my brain straight from my heart as to why I should let him have a second chance. I knew then as I know now I was being played.

Last night we had plans to go to a hockey game and he bailed on me with a no call no show. I kind of thought it could happen so I let my daughter Dani's boyfriend have the hockey ticket and the t-shirt. I had gotten a pack of four tickets, four t-shirts and four autographed pictures in an auction for Amanda the Panda I attended a month ago. I called my man and got his voicemail (no surprise there. I realized at that point it was going to be a no show for him) and I let him know if I didn't hear from him by a certain time that his ticket would be given away.

We had a blast! I sat with Dani's BF while she and my daughter Sami text messaged each other, and did girly stuff. The BF and I were yelling and clapping and screaming. It was awesome! I have a husky voice today from all the yelling we did. The BUCS won!

So today on April fool's day I give a nod to the fact I was such a fool and have decided to get this man out of my life for good. I am feeling very good about this and have planned an evening with Dani, her BF and my ex BF older music geek. We are watching movies and I am making guinea grinders. Sami has to work.

Take care everyone and remember you deserve the very best in life. Let people in who love and respect you. Tell the others to kick rocks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home