Creative Musings of a Sassy Witch

Random thoughts that filter through the playground in my mind. Ideals, dreams, and lots of humor. My mind is a surreal place to be at times and quite entertaining.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Starting my business

Now that I am about to face an empty nest I am thinking more and more on the business I have wanted to start for some time now. I kept telling myself I needed more research time or I needed to wait until my daughter graduated and left for college.

Well, my boyfriend is very much a go now kind of guy. If he has a thought he feels he must act on it now, now, now! I am a thinker and I process and read and study before I act. He has given me the push I needed to get going on my business now. I have the tools purchased and now it is time to buy ingredients and start doing. I am scared and excited at the same time. I really want this to fly and I want it to be successful. I am starting small and seeing how well people respond to it before I move to the next level of getting a store and branching into more products. I need to keep it very realistic yet reach for the dream that has been playing in the movie theatre that is my mind and I will see it come to life.

My daughter started her senior year today and she is moving closer to being an adult and living her dreams. I have been raising children since I was 19 and now I am 41 and it is time to see my dreams come to light. I wanted to be a writer all my life and I wrote and published two books in the last four years. Now I will be a small business woman. I do not plan to give up writing, in fact I am working on my third book right now. I also want to make pottery and plan to take classes and get a potter's wheel. I will incorporate these items into my store someday. I'll not quit my day job (I am not crazy yet!). I will just have to use my off time for the new business and it will mean more work and longer hours for me for a while, but in the end I think it will be worth it. I like my job and my benefits can't be beat. I will find it hard to give that up. However, if I become successful doing what I truly believe in and dream of then it will be worth it.

I'll keep everyone posted on how it turns out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

12:09 AM, January 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home